We use 100% soy wax for our candles. Soy wax is plant based- from soybean. Soy is a renewable resource, biodegradable, and contains no toxins. Soy wax does not create soot if cared for properly.
Soy wax has a lower melt point than most other candle wax allowing it to burn 30-50% longer than other candles made with paraffin wax or blends.
It is very important to always allow the top of the candle to melt fully on EVERY burn. This means that the top of the candle must be fully melted (liquid) from edge to edge before blowing it out. We recommend leaving your candle lit for 2-3 hours at a time or until the full top is melted. (No 30 minute increments.)
It is not recommended to burn your candle longer than 3-4 hours at a time. Always burn on a heat resistant surface and within sight. Keep away from flammable objects, pets and children. Ladies and Gents, hold your hair back as you're lighting and blowing out the candle.
Note: Leaving your candle to burn longer than the recommended burn times could cause your jar to overheat and break. Please follow the candle burning instructions here and on the bottom of every candle jar.
Make sure to toss out the last 1/4-1/2 inch of wax. Do not burn right to the bottom of jar.
It is very important to trim your wick between burns to 1/4-1/3 inch. This is best done when the candle is cooled and wax is hardened. This will allow a clean burn (no soot) and maintain a proper size flame. This will also prevent the jar from getting too hot. Check out our Wick Trimmers specially designed to trim the wick and catch the excess trimming. (under accessories in our shop)
Note: If you are noticing black soot on the side of your jar you may be burning candle too long or not properly maintaining the wick. When the candle has cooled take a warm damp cloth and wipe out the black soot to give your jar a clean look. Trim the wick before you burn again and try to follow the candle burning instructions on the bottom of each candle jar.
Our jars and lids were specifically selected with their re-usability in mind. Most folks just toss their regular candle jars out because they just aren't usable. We chose gorgeous jars and lids that would like great on a counter or shelf after they have been cleaned.
Once you have finished burning one of our candles pour out the remaining melted wax into the garbage. Wipe out excess wax with paper towel and then simply wash with soap and hot water.
(Tip: To melt the wax place jar in hot oven for 1 min or until wax has melted, then pour wax in garbage)
You can reuse the jars in many ways; storage containers, spice holder, tea jar, Q-tip and hair tie holder and much more.